Catch your first wave, brush up your skills or get an insider’s guide to the best surf spots along the Lisbon coast with a local guide and small group of surfers.
DescriptionFind the perfect spot for swell, sea conditions and your skills, and try riding a variety of different boards. Practice paddling in, popping up and riding the wave with help from your guide. Discover hidden gems along the scenic coast, where white sand beaches and uncrowded waves are the perfect first taste of Portugal’s surf culture.
Experience the impressive waves of the Atlantic Ocean on a half-day or full-day surf adventure from Lisbon, and discover some of the most beautiful white sand beaches and surf spots for beginners or advanced surfers just 10 to 30 minutes’ drive from the city center.
Get to surf some of the coolest hidden spots with a local surfer. Transfer from Lisbon Zoo, enjoying views of the rich coastline and its varied elements along the way. See deserted beaches and uncrowded waves. Go to the Costa da Caparica, where the Tejo River (River Tagus) flows into the ocean. A place of unique natural heritage, the fossil cliffs of Caparica are a “Protected Landscape.”
Carved by the fury of the waves and elements of erosion, the coastline receives swells of all kinds. It’s a consistent surf area, offering a variety of waves for all levels of surfing experience. Surf with different sized boards, depending on your skill set. Try different shapes, and discover the most suitable board for you.
Full surf equipment and wetsuits are provided, along with optional video footage so you can check out your technique and make any adjustments as needed.
– Local guide
– 2-Hour Surf Sessions
– Full Surf Equipment
– Certified and experienced Surf Instructor
– Sports Insurance
– Souvenir Photos
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Subject to favorable weather/sea conditions. If canceled, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Near public transportation
• Infant seats available
• Not recommended for travelers with back problems
• Not recommended for pregnant travelers
• No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
• You must be confident to swim in ocean waves to participate in this activity. Surfing is a sport that requires a reasonable level of physical fitness
• Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
• Please provide the height and weight of all participants on booking
• Not recommended for non-swimmers
• This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
• This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
• This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Price: starting from €40