A boat trip through the waters of the Algarve Coast in the company of a nature tour guide to learn about the marine life in their natural habitat.
DescriptionThis is an intense experience that is worth sharing with family and friends aboard the Albacora III – a comfortable and safe RIB with the possibility of observing dolphins, seabirds and sea turtles.
The boat trip is approximately 2 hours long and we leave the calm waters of Ria Formosa towards the blue ocean, reaching up 5 miles offshore.
We go along the coastline of the Algarve, pass by the barrier-islands of Ria Formosa and Santa Maria Cape (the most southern point of Portugal) in the quest for dolphins and other marine wildlife.
We may see several species of cetaceans, the most sighted being the Common Dolphin (Delphinus delphis) and Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops truncatus).
Seabirds are a constant presence and the most seen species are the Northern Gannet (Morus bassanus), Balearic Shearwater (Puffinus mauretanicus), Mediterranean Gull (Larus melanocephalus) and several species of Storm-petrels. Seagulls are of course also a common sighting specially when we pass by fishing boats.
There is also the possibility of observing other marine wildlife species such as sea turtles, the Ocean Sunfish (Mola mola), sharks and occasionally other cetaceans species such as the Harbour Porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) and the Minke Whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata).
After this exciting experience in the sea we return to Ria Formosa when the tour ends.
• 2-hour Boat trip
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required. The activity may be cancelled if less than 4 participants have been booked.
• A maximum of 12 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Due to safety reasons children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
• Formosamar can not fully guarantee the observation of marine wildlife. Because they are in their natural habitat, encounters with dolphins and other marine animals may not be possible during the tour. In this case, no refund or rescheduling of the visit is possible.
Departure Time: 8.30 am