Cycle along the Ria Formosa Natural Park to the Island of Faro.
DescriptionIf you are in the Algarve, one of the things we suggest is a guided bike tour in Ria Formosa. On this bike tour we cycle along the Ecovia Litoral. This route along the coast and the beaches of the Algarve was designed for those who like cycling and nature.
Our tour starts in the city of Faro and we cycle along the Ria Formosa Natural Park in direction to the Island of Faro.
Cycling in a comfortable bike accompanied by a guide, we explore the diversity of the surrounding landscapes with plenty of time for sightseeing and for taking photos of the Algarve.
This cycle route has many interesting places such as the saltpans where we stop for birdwatching and relaxation. We pass close to the Airport of Faro and take some time to contemplate the marshlands of the Ria Formosa and its numerous channels and small islets.
Finally we arrive to the Praia de Faro (Faro beach) where you’ll have time to relax at the beach or go for a refreshing drink in one of the terraces while contemplating the sea.
It’s now time to start our journey back to Faro and because nature never ceases to amaze us, we cycle along this coastal route looking for all the pleasant surprises that the Ria Formosa can provide.
• 3-hour bicycle tour
• Use of bicycle and helmet
• Use of binoculars
• Local guide
• Live commentary
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 16 people per booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our guides deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the guide.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
Departure Tims: 8.30 am