Ilha Deserta and Farol Island: a small group boat trip in Ria Formosa from Faro.
DescriptionThis is a boat trip on a comfortable catamaran to discover the Ria Formosa Natural Park and visit the Deserta Island and Farol Island.
We depart from the Marina of Faro and/or Portas do Mar sailing slowly through the channels of the Ria Formosa to fully enjoy the beautiful landscape. Along the tour we will see birds like the Grey Heron, the White Stork and many other birds that use this area as a feeding habitat. As we approach the islands and beaches we see the light house of the Culatra Island where we make our first stop.
Looking around one can observe the hard work of the people in the oysters and clams farms. A closer look towards the coastline and you will notice the market of the city of Olhão – an important fishing town. Looking towards the ocean you will see one of the most important sea entrances of the Ria Formosa.
Our first stop is the (Lighthouse) Farol Island. Here you can enjoy a walk around the streets of this small but friendly community. When passing by the lighthouse, go on until the very end to admire an extensive beach of fine white sand washed by calm warm waters, here lies the most southern point of Portugal – the Santa Maria Cape.
We leave the Farol Island and make our second stop at the Deserta Island. This island is also known as Barreta Island. In this second stop you can choose to explore the fauna and flora of the island along an easy walk or simply enjoy the sunshine and bath in the clear waters of the beach.
On the trip back to Faro be enchanted by one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal – the Ria Formosa.
• 3-hour boat trip (includes a stop of 1 hour in Farol and 20 up to 30 minutes in Deserta)
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (Optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 11 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
– from January to April 30th: 11:30 and 15:00
– from May to September 15th: 10:00, 11:30, 15:00 and 17:00
– from September 16th to September 30th:10:00, 11:30, 15:00 and 16:30
– from October 1st to December 31st: 11:30 and 15:00