Explore the Algarve's Ria Formosa kayaking and discover the wildlife of this Nature Park.
DescriptionThis is a boat trip on a comfortable catamaran to discover the Ria Formosa Natural Park and visit the Deserta Island and Farol Island.
An ideal tour to those who love water.
On this 2-hour kayak tour you will explore the channels of the Ria Formosa towards the islands and beaches of this Natural Park where you will have a well deserved rest in areas with clear waters and beaches of fine white sand where you will find many shells of various sizes.
Accompanied by a guide the experience is enriched with explanations about the heritage of this Natural Park providing an unforgettable memory.
We departure from Faro towards the calm waters of the lagoon of the Ria Formosa in Faro for a leisurely kayak tour suitable even for the less experienced.
Rowing without waves or with just a slight wave in the direction of almost deserted islands, along the way we explore the marshes, the islets and the beaches where we can rest or just enjoy an wonderful view.
Accompanied by a guide or a monitor, this kayak tour in the Ria Formosa is an experience to appreciate the richness of this Natural Park while practising exercise. Along the way we might have close encounters with birds like the Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus), Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea), White Stork (Ciconia ciconia) as well as many species of fish, crabs and sea hares that inhabit the shallow waters of this lagoon.
This is a fantastic experience worth sharing with your family and friends and it’s probably one of the best ways to explore this unique region.
All tours are accompanied by experienced instructors and the kayaks are double sit-on-top models. The kayaks are safe, comfortable and easy gliders models so you don’t need to have previous experience to enjoy all the sensations you can live on board a kayak.
• 2-hour kayak tour
• Use of double kayaks, paddles and safety gear
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 16 people per booking
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
• Not suitable for non-swimmers.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our guides deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the guide.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
– From 02 January to 10 February: 10:00
– From 11 February to 31 October: 09:00
– From 1 November to 31 December: 10:00