Satisfy your love of nature during a birdwatching tour that takes you to some of the most biodiverse places in the region.
DescriptionAlthough most famous for its wine and architecture, Porto is also home to diverse species of bird life. Observing with a guide increases your chances of spotting rare bird species, while included lunch and round-trip hotel transfers make for a seamless experience.
During the day you will visit 3 types of terrain: firth, forest and Pre – Mountain.
Your bird expert Carlos Rio is a professional nature and wildlife photographer.
You’ll try and spot the Black Redstart, Osprey Pandion, Dartford Warbler, the Hoopoe and Carlos’ own favorite bird: the Kingfisher (he has a published a book about it).
What is included?
– 2 Personal Guides
– Pickup and drop off with a 4×4 Land Rover at your accommodation in Porto
– Personal insurance;
– Traditional Portuguese lunch in a local restaurant;
– Photos and videos;
– Small gift: Carlos Rio´s pocket Book
Know before you go:
– You will need binoculars (Please tell us if you don’t have one)
– Bring Comfortable walking shoes
– A snack for mid morning/afternoon (it is a long day!)
– We cannot promise you will see any specific bird, since watching wild nature has its own limitations.
– Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
– Not wheelchair accessible
– Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
– Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
– A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
– Near public transportation
– Most travelers can participate
– This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Duration: 8 Hours
Price: from € 132