Embark on an ecotourism experience in Ria Formosa on board a comfortable pontoon boat.
DescriptionIn the company of a nature tour guide, on this boat trip you will discover why Ria Formosa was elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. And because the birds are one of the highlights of this Park they deserve special attention.
Considered one of the most important wetlands for aquatic birds in Portugal, during the tour we observe birds like the White Stork (Ciconia ciconia), Little Egret (Egretta garzetta) and the Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia).
Waders are most abundant especially during winter, although birds like the Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus), the Turnstone (Arenaria interpres) and the Grey Plover (Pluvialis squatarola) are a constant presence. The trip continues towards the islands of the Natural Park through oyster and clams farms.
Here you will have the opportunity to see one of the most important economical activities in the Algarve and also very interesting species such as the Black-tailed Godwit (Limosa limosa), the Oystercatcher (Haematopus ostralegus) and many others.
Towards the point where the lagoon meets the sea, we make a stop so you may enjoy this small paradise. This is an important reproduction area for the Little Tern (Sterna albifrons) and the Kentish Plover (Charadrius alexandrinus). During wintertime we often observe the Sandwich Tern (Sterna sandvicensis) and the Greater Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus).
During our trip back we will have many opportunities to observe other species while our boat sails calmly through the channels of this Natural Park in direction to the city of Faro.
• 2-hour boat trip (includes a stop of 15 to 20 minutes in a deserted beach)
• Use of binoculars
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (Optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 11 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
– From 02 January to 29 February: 13:00 and 15:30
– From 01 March to 15 October: 13:00 and 17:00
– From 16 October to 31 December: 13:00 and 15:30